Monday, February 9, 2009

Why they invented texting

I love to text. I think it's an awesome way to send a short little "I'm thinking of you" note or quick exchange of thoughts when calls may be inappropriate (read: "school choir event" or "staff meeting"). My mom, son and many friends are all very text savvy and it works great! But I've often wondered: "Who came up with the idea first?" Today I found out. The hard way.

I visited the Men's room this morning. Normally our restrooms are kept very clean and well stocked. Until today. Maybe there was a strike I hadn't heard about. No signs on the doors to eluded to lurking danger. So I stepped in, dropped trau and did my business. And then I discovered why texting was invented.

The text conversation went something like this...

me: "HLP!!"

Don: "WU"

me: "I'm stuck in a bathroom stall, no TP!"

Don: "LOL"

me: "Rescue me!"

Don: "On my way...wait til this comes up in staff today"

me: "FU"

Moments later he sticks his hand over the stall door with PRINTER paper...bastard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis